Sunday, July 29, 2007

What is this THING?

I won't sleep tonight!

This *thing* was photographed in England skulking about near a party of schoolchildren on a field trip. Yikes!
They're calling it the "Beast of Dartmoor".
Here I was thinking that Britain was the only place safe for hiking.

In Canada we have bears and cougars and wolves and all sorts here just waiting to attack a hapless hiker such as myself. It's why I never hike in the wilderness. You could get eaten by a bear or something. Laugh all you want! It happens all the time.

4 Comments:

At 11:36 PM, Blogger suburban mom said...

Wow, the first picture I was thinking maybe dog? but not so much in the 2nd picture.

What do they think it is?

 
At 1:04 PM, Blogger Jennifer said...

So what is it? Feral pig or cow?

 
At 1:11 PM, Blogger Julia said...

My husband scoffs and says it's just a wild boar. Errr. alright. Doesn't look like porcine to me! Egad. Whatever it is, one more reason not to hike around England. Beware the Moors!

 
At 4:00 PM, Blogger Jennifer said...

You know, it could be a wild boar. There is a theory that suggests that the dragons St. George and others were fighting were actually wild boars. The "smoke" was actually steamy breath seen through the mists of morning and whatnot.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home