Tuesday, July 31, 2007

"Be on Guard an Lock Your Doors"

I'm complacent.

I sit on my back deck at midnight talking to the neighborhood cats. I go for long walks alone. I don't lock the doors or windows quite consistently enough for my husband.

I live in a rural village, where nothing really exciting happens.

Well... there's this fugitive on the loose. He's randomly killed three people. One bartender and a sweet pair of Great-Grandparents. He's on a spree, I guess. Who knows what makes people snap. Maybe it's the heat. He steals his victims cars and has been tooling around the country, but I never really paid too much attention.

Until today.

Turns out that last night, while I'm sitting on my back deck at midnight talking to the neighborhood cats (I know, Crazy-Cat-Lady-in-training), a murderer at large abandonned his stolen vehicle 45 minutes from here. He's armed and dangerous, as they say. Probably looking for another vehicle. Or camping out in the woods. Scary crap!

3 Comments:

At 10:19 AM, Blogger Jennifer said...

So now you'll be locking windows and doors?

 
At 12:04 PM, Blogger Jacran Cottage said...

They just said on CBC news that he was caught in Quebec. Hope they throw away the key!

 
At 5:00 PM, Blogger Julia said...

They caught him. An hour from here. Eeeeeeee.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home