Monday, June 04, 2007

my least favorite thing

I would like to preface this post by pointing out that I have many favorite things.

The world can be a wonderful place, full of beautiful things. Baby animals, trees, flowers, bumble-bees, etc.

However, I do have a LEAST FAVORITE THING. It gives me nightmares. It makes me very upset. When I see it in a bathroom, I cannot enter. I believe it is very unhealthy. I believe it contributes to allergies. I believe it to be STINKY. In short, I do not enjoy it. My goal is to never, ever spend one cent on encouraging any industry that supports it.

What is it?

Wall-to-wall carpet!

I apologize, but I simply detest carpeting. It is like a big petri dish on the floor. Why do we have so much carpeting in Western society? Why?

One of my life goals is to live in a 100% carpet-free home. Is that strange? Carpet harbours dust mites, allergens, dirt, mold, mildew and contains synthetic fibres, fungicides, pesticides, soil repellants and chemical glues. Yuck. It's bad for your health, the environment and the landfill. It's just bad.

Caution, the following photos, in my opinion, are highly disturbing:


Oh no. Ewww. Must turn away...

No, no, no! Oh no! For the love of humanity, don't do it...
Oh. My eyes.

I would rather have the plywood sub-floor than carpet. No carpet is good, in my books. New carpet off-gases, old carpeting, well... old carpeting. I can't go on. Uh. You just can't get carpeting clean. No. No, no, no.

Turns out I'm not crazy...

Article: Wall-to-wall carpeting is one of the most unhealthy flooring materials.To attain a truly healthy home, wall-to-wall carpeting should be avoided.

Article:Carpets and Your Health

Happy, Healthy Floor Examples:.
My Dream Man.
P.S. Dogs and wall-to-wall carpeting don't mix. Ever.

1 Comments:

At 2:55 PM, Blogger Yolanda Elizabet said...

Cats and wall to wall carpet don't mix either and people and wall to wall carpet are un-mixy too! I do not like wall to wall carpet, very unhygenic.

BTW in answer to your question: I studied interior architecture and design. :-)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home