Thursday, June 21, 2007

World's Best Kept Real Estate Secret

I was just reading Katherine's blog, where she mentions that the Hamptons is the most expensive real estate market in North America.

Well, I want to present the cheapest bang-for-your buck real estate market in North America, potentially the world.

May I present Nova Scotia...
The Europeans (especially the Germans) are snapping up Nova Scotia's ocean front property due to its relative proximity to Europe (4 hours) New York City / Boston (1.5 hours) and it's ROCK BOTTOM pricing.

This oceanfront house is available for only $210,000 Canadian or 100,000 British pounds. Do you know what 100,000 British pounds will buy in the U.K.? Not a whole lot.

How about 7 Acres of Ocean Front Property for only $445,000 Cnd. or approximately $400,000 US or (steady yourselves) 200,000 British pounds.
Nova Scotia is a fabulous place. Warmer than where I live. Unspoilt. Friendly. World class, public health care.

I'm thinking maybe we should invest in a slice of it. What do you think? They're not building any more ocean front property and considering that a 1200 square foot house with asbestos in my city is more expensive than 7 acres on the ocean... it makes me think twice.

4 Comments:

At 3:29 PM, Blogger Jennifer said...

Sounds like a plan. Now you just need to figure out what to do about jobs. :-)

 
At 3:34 PM, Blogger Julia said...

Luckily, my industry is very portable and there is a shortage out there, however, my husband is tied to major metropolis with his work. Maybe we could grow cabbage or something?

 
At 3:44 PM, Blogger Jennifer said...

Or you could become a famous blogger, ala Dooce, and have that support your lifestyle. :-)

 
At 4:56 AM, Blogger Jacran Cottage said...

Where do you live now? I live in Ontario, Canada. DH and I have been talking about moving to New Brunswick or Nova Scotia when we retire because of the cost of housing and the ability to purchase waterfront property with a wonderful view.

I'm visiting in England right now. We were looking at properties in the paper yesterday and you are right, £100,000 won't buy much at all. Everything is quite expensive here now, but I'm enjoying my visit anyway!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home