Saturday, April 28, 2007

eating more raw / live foods


Last week, somehow, I started reading about the benefits of eating raw foods; lots of fresh veggies, salads and fruit. Somehow, I came upon Dr. Joel Fuhrman's Book Eat To Live which outlines the serious health benefits which come about when a person decides to significantly increase their intake of fruits and vegetables. I have been moving towards not eating meat lately. It really grosses me out, has done for years. I have decided to try to eat along the lines of the diet lifestyle outlined in Dr. Fuhrman's book. I think that eating more raw, unprocessed foods is going to be a major health lifestyle for a lot of people. The research is pretty amazing.

Labels:

2 Comments:

At 3:18 AM, Blogger Yolanda Elizabet said...

Hi Julia,

How wonderful to see that you have made this very important discovery in your life. Eating healthy food is so important and it's fun too because it tastes so good.

I love fruit and veggies and I also love to grow them. It's wonderful to be able to cook good, organically grown products and to prepare a healthy and tasty meal for our loved ones.

 
At 8:50 PM, Blogger Ingrid said...

julia! What a neat blog you have! Right up my alley to I might add! My son (9) does not like meat and mostly prefers raw vegetables and pasta. I need to be able to prepare better veggie dishes for him but it's a challenge. I'll see if I can check this book out at the library and find something to try on him..
the picture does look pretty tasty..hmm!
Ingrid
ps.. Looove the photographic 'Cricket'... strike a pose indeed..

 

Post a Comment

<< Home