Thursday, June 22, 2006

Toxic Fairways

Okay -- so I was starting to feel like a hypochondriac because I am vehemently opposed to a owning a house backing onto a golf course, despite how pretty it looks, all I see is a pesticide farm. Yet I am the only person I have asked who feels golf courses are evil. Perhaps I am a hypochondriac?

Then I found out the following:
  • golf courses spray more pesticides than any other industry, even farms
  • the pesticides can blow from the golf course into your house
  • golf courses pollute water tables
SF gets organic with truly "green" golf course - Laws trim exposure to toxic chemicals
Toxic Fairways

I am not buying a house anywhere near a golf course up here. Hypochondriac or not!

2 Comments:

At 11:12 AM, Blogger suburban mom said...

OK. I don't think I could see that picture yesterday. Is that the golf course?? It's beautiful! much less sterile than my sister's.

How about moving to SF?? ;)

(oh, and no, they weren't all socialites...I'll try to update on a bit...and that's my mom's family...remember Agnes is my dad's...jeesh! gotta keep up! ;)

 
At 8:45 PM, Blogger Kel said...

K: I like the "sterile" pun - ha! literally with the effect on the fertility rate!

and SF! LOL! and all that pollution pushed inward to the San Joquin Valley!

Good for you speaking up about the pesticide issue Julia!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home