Monday, June 26, 2006

Tea Time

I love a cup of tea.

But I need a new kettle and I am wondering whether or not you think I should get one of these traditional stove-top kettles or one of the electric kettles.

I am leaning heavily towards a whistling stove-top kettle, but am afraid that I may burn the house down. I am one of those people who "puts the kettle on" and then runs downstairs to do a load of laundry, gets sidetracked by the weeds in the garden, decides to walk to get the mail, etc. I am very easily sidetracked and have been known to leave home with the garage door open, the front door unlocked, etc.

If I let the kettle run dry and then burn down the house, zee husband, he would not be happy, non?

Also, I am worried that a stove-top kettle will be constantly splattered by things being cooked on the stove. I need kettle advice.

Perhaps I should play it safe and get one of these ghastly electric things... Then I won't burn down the house.

What do you have? Electric or stovetop?

3 Comments:

At 3:30 PM, Blogger Kel said...

I have an electric - but it looks like the stove top - Black & Decker - PLUS, electric is fabulous for entertaining because you can move it to wherever you set a buffet, along with a coffee carafe . . . mine match of course ;)

(and my stove top is in a cupboard somewhere, but haven't sought it out in ages)

 
At 2:01 AM, Blogger Nicole said...

I use a traditional stovetop whistling kettle and I love it. It does get splattered with grease/food occasionally but it's stainless and pretty easy to keep clean. I like the way it looks on my stove and it boils fast if I don't put too much water in at once (I've just gotten into the habit of waiting for it to boil before I run off and start something else). I've considered getting an electric one but I just don't have much counter space! Good luck :-)

Thanks for stopping by my blog!
http://elskermeg@wordpress.com

 
At 1:23 AM, Blogger Kel said...

OK! I just read that the electric uses 1/3 the energy!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home